Saturday, December 13, 2008

Changes going on....

So...dad bought a fishing pole for new adventures in his life....daughter's boyfriend is in the process of buying a home....son was accepted into the highway patrol academy....mom moved to a new job 2 weeks ago.....with all of this going on we are so blessed to be able to come home each and night and celebrate being a family. How lucky we are! Today mom shopped for a family less fortunate financially, but definitely not in the love they have for each other. Wish we could be there on Christmas morning when they open the gifts that "Santa" brings them wearing their new pajamas they will have opened the night before. During this time of year we need to remember the loved ones watching us from up above. I miss Mommy each and every day. I know she is there with the Grandmas and Grandpas, niece and nephew, and grandchild. They are all holding on to each other tightly celebrating being a family. The weekly dinners with Daddy are so special - we celebrate each one. Last week Daddy said to the sisters - "I love these evenings." It's about the time we spend together - that is what makes each day special and the memories that we are building. Love to everyone.

3 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

Marti, So you have anew job? What and where? Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Derik is going into the highway patrol! Cool! Dean has two brothers in the Idaho State Police - they really love what they are doing! Hope you have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Marti said...

I am the Director of Categorical Progams - working with the programs - English Learners, Title I (low income students), and the gifted program. Of course, with the budget in CA being what it is there is no money for anything! My learning curve has gone straight up! But it is exciting!

Student Entrepreneur said...

How exciting! Since we moved, Ellen hasn't been in the gifted program - I am not sure what is going on! I need to find out. They keep telling me that they will get to her! And with me having mono - I haven't been up to running to the school - and I probably shouldn't be there anyways! Congradulations!! How do you like it compaired to teaching and being a principle?